After nine years of trekking through and around the Mahoning valley in a quest to find the best burgers, we have come to the conclusion: Man, there’s a lot of great burgers around here!
The last time we published our overall MV rankings was in 2014. A lot of places have come and gone since then, and many of the places that we have visited have stepped up their burger game, so, we decided to do it again.
Four years ago, Chef Mel McKee, from Bogey’s Bar & Grill, in Lowellville, put together an awesome burger menu with so many delicious, unique toppings that we unanimously voted them in at #1. Can they hold on to the top ranking or has one of the 47 restaurants we’ve reviewed since then, unseated them? Click on the “Top 40” image at the bottom of the page to see the current top 40 burgers of the valley.
Here’s a little insight as to how we rank them;
- Our visit. The biggest factor is based on our initial visit. We have a scorecard for each burger we try. We scrutinize the beef, the bun, the toppings, sauces, and sides. Then we take into account, cleanliness, the service, and the atmosphere.
- Competitions. Entering competitions and losing will not cause a drop in the rankings, but we do factor in any awards that are won.
- Media recognition. Any awards from newspapers, magazines, or websites, such as, Best of the Best and Peoples Choice, also count.
- Revisit. We listen to all of the comments and opinions on our social media posts, good, bad, and ugly, which sometimes leads to a revisit.
After so many requests to see our complete Trumbull burger rankings, we put together the top 20. Keep in mind that ALL of these places have great or pretty darn good burgers! We’re only publishing the top 20, but, even #20 is worth a revisit! We ranked them based on the scores we gave them at the time of our review, any comments, positive or negative, that we receive from readers about them, surprise return visits, awards from any competitions, media awards and anything else noteworthy. We try to keep up on these awards and also restaurant closings so we can remove them. Any help you can give us with this is appreciated! Let us know what you think!
TRUMBULL COUNTY BURGER RANKINGS (Top 20 – 1/25/18)
- Big D’s Newton Grill – Newton Falls, OH
- Peter Allen Inn – Kinsman, OH
- The Lake Tavern – Mecca, OH
- Sunrise Inn – Warren, OH
- Raptis Family Restaurant – Howland, OH
- High Pointe Restaurant and Tavern – Niles, OH
- Station Square – Liberty, OH
- The New Manhattan – Hubbard, OH
- Niki’z Pub – Niles, OH
- Crossroads Bar & Grill – Southington, OH
- Shaker’s Bar & Grill – Liberty, OH
- StoneYard Tavern – Niles, OH
- The Lime Tree – Warren, OH
- Up-a-Creek – Howland, OH
- Courthouse Grill – Warren, OH
- JD’s Post House – Champion, OH
- Yankee Kitchen – Vienna, OH
- Master’s Bar & Grill – Liberty, OH
- Amen Corner – Girard, OH
- Leon’s Sports Bar & Grill – Howland, OH
Click HERE for a closer look at the top 5.
The Mahoning county restaurants competing in this year’s Meat 16 Cheeseburger Challenge tournament:
- Bogey’s Bar & Grill – Lowellville
- Magic Tree Pub & Eatery – Boardman
- Phoenix Fire Grill & Bar – Canfield
- Davidson’s Restaurant & Bar – Cornersberg
- Coaches Burger Bar – Poland
- The Pour House – Canfield
- Mojo’s Pub – Austintown
- Ice House Inn – Austintown
View Trumbull County entries.
The Trumbull county restaurants competing in this year’s Meat 16 Cheeseburger Challenge tournament:
- Big D’s Newton Grill – Newton Falls
- Peter Allen Inn – Kinsman
- Lake Tavern – Mecca
- Sunrise Inn – Warren
- Raptis Family Restaurant – Howland
- High Pointe Restaurant & Tavern – Niles
- Niki’z Pub – Niles
- The Lime Tree – Warren
View Mahoning County entries.
Looking for a great burger in Columbiana County? We’ve got you covered! Check out our Top 5 Columbiana County burger joints by clicking HERE!
Click HERE to check out what makes the Burger of the Year, Burger of the Year!