All aboard the Emerald Diner! Check out our review of the Emerald Diner HERE.
Check out our review of the burgers at JR’z Pub here, or click the pic…
Burger lovers’ prayers are answered at the Stone Church! Matt Stone, from WFMJ, helps us review Stone Church Pizza House and Brew Pub. Click here or on one of the pics to read.
The Phoenix Fire Grill & Bar burgers are a beautiful thing! Click HERE to read the review.
As the crumbs settle from the 2017 Meat 16 Cheeseburger Challenge, we have already commenced planning for 2018. The interest we have received through The Vindicator, WFMJ News, Fast Freddie and 93.3 The Wolf and Facebook was amazing! Although the tournament ran smoothly for the most part, we feel it necessary to make a few adjustments to the rules.
2018 Meat 16 UCC Rules
- For each round, restaurants provide two identical cheeseburgers from their menu, cooked medium-well.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a well written description.
- Cheeseburgers must be cut in half and placed in unmarked containers that will be provided by BURGERGUYZ.
- There can be no evidence as to where each cheeseburger is from.
- All cheeseburgers entered must appear on the restaurant menu before February, 2018.
- Restaurants can use the same cheeseburger for each round or they can change to another, as long as it’s on their menu.
- Cheeseburgers will be ordered at least 1 hour before pick-up time.
- Pick-up times will be exactly the same for both competitors in each specific match and the cheeseburgers must be ready to go, on time.
- The burgers from both competitors will be delivered to the judges at exactly the same time to insure fairness.
- A board of three judges will be used for each match. Two of their votes are needed to advance.
- Once a match is set, it will only be rescheduled if one of our curriers cancels due to emergency or in the event of an emergency that forces one of the competitors to close their kitchen.
All entrants are locally owned restaurants. No national chain restaurants. Local chain restaurants are allowed. The county champ and runner-up are invited back as the 1 and 2 seed, respectively, in their side of the bracket. The remaining spots will be filled ASAP by; A) popular demand through Facebook comments and messages and email messages. B) restaurant owner requests entry.
- Big D’s Newton Pub, Newton Falls
- Niki’z Pub, Niles
- The Lime Tree, Warren
- High Pointe Restaurant & Tavern, Niles
- The Lake Tavern, Mecca
- 3 Way Cafe, Cortland
- Davidson’s Restaurant/Tavern, Cornersberg
- The Pour House Bar & Grill, Canfield
- Bogey’s Bar & Grill, Lowellville
- Magic Tree Pub & Eatery, Boardman
- Coaches Burger Bar, Poland
- Phoenix Fire Grill and Bar, Canfield
- Lanai Lounge, Boardman
- Ice House Inn, Austintown
Signing up is simple! Leave a comment or message here or on BURGERGUYZ Facebook page or write us at email@example.com
With less than four weeks until the Badurik’s Butcher Block Cheeseburger Challenge, there has been another major shake up. The BURGERGUYZ 2016 Burger of the Year award recipient, Fire Grill BBQ, has closed. It is reported that the Girard restaurant, that has been closed since Monday, January 9, was having financial problems. That opens the door for the next in line to compete, StoneYard Grill and Tavern of Niles. The tournament kicks off on February 8th and should take about a month until the final match between the top Mahoning County cheeseburger against the best from Trumbull County.