As the crumbs settle from the 2017 Meat 16 Cheeseburger Challenge, we have already commenced planning for 2018. The interest we have received through The Vindicator, WFMJ News, Fast Freddie and 93.3 The Wolf and Facebook was amazing! Although the tournament ran smoothly for the most part, we feel it necessary to make a few adjustments to the rules.
2018 Meat 16 UCC Rules
- For each round, restaurants provide two identical cheeseburgers from their menu, cooked medium-well.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a well written description.
- Cheeseburgers must be cut in half and placed in unmarked containers that will be provided by BURGERGUYZ.
- There can be no evidence as to where each cheeseburger is from.
- All cheeseburgers entered must appear on the restaurant menu before February, 2018.
- Restaurants can use the same cheeseburger for each round or they can change to another, as long as it’s on their menu.
- Cheeseburgers will be ordered at least 1 hour before pick-up time.
- Pick-up times will be exactly the same for both competitors in each specific match and the cheeseburgers must be ready to go, on time.
- The burgers from both competitors will be delivered to the judges at exactly the same time to insure fairness.
- A board of three judges will be used for each match. Two of their votes are needed to advance.
- Once a match is set, it will only be rescheduled if one of our curriers cancels due to emergency or in the event of an emergency that forces one of the competitors to close their kitchen.
All entrants are locally owned restaurants. No national chain restaurants. Local chain restaurants are allowed. The county champ and runner-up are invited back as the 1 and 2 seed, respectively, in their side of the bracket. The remaining spots will be filled ASAP by; A) popular demand through Facebook comments and messages and email messages. B) restaurant owner requests entry.
- Big D’s Newton Pub
- Niki’z Pub
- Davidson’s Restaurant/Tavern
- The Pour House Bar & Grill
Signing up is simple! Leave a comment or message here or on BURGERGUYZ Facebook page or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org