Check out our review of Lock 24 HERE!
Click HERE to read about our latest burgers… from the Royal Oaks!
Check out the home made treasures we found in North Jackson at Dino’s HERE!
- To correct a flaw in the tournament that allows restaurants from late 1st round matches an advantage of seeing all of the other burgers before they reveal their’s, and to make it more fair and a little more interesting, restaurants will have the choice of using the burger recipe that got them to the 2nd round, or they can change it up and switch to a different one. All of the burgers in the tournament can be ordered at the restaurants that entered each, for you to try for yourself!
May the best burger win! The Badurik’s Butcher Block Meat 16 Cheeseburger Challenge starts next month, and the competitors are ready to strut their stuff! The 16 restaurants, taverns and pubs, (who make some of the best burgers WE have ever had), are each creating a burger that they think will take home the tournament trophy.
- Bogey’s Bar & Grill, Lowellville
- Magic Tree Pub & Eatery, Boardman
- Phoenix Fire Grill & Spirits, Canfield
- Davidson’s Restaurant & Tavern, Cornersburg
- Coaches Burger Bar, Poland
- Mojo’s Pub, Austintown
- The Pour House, Canfield
- Ice House Inn, Austintown
- Big D’s Newton Grill, Newton Falls (2017 champion)
- Peter Allen Inn, Kinsman
- Lake Tavern, Mecca
- Sunrise Inn, Warren
- Raptis Family Restaurant, Howland
- Niki’z Pub, Niles
- High Pointe Restaurant & Tavern, Niles
- The Lime Tree, Warren
Check out the March 28th edition of Valley Food, (The Vindicator), to see the 1st round pairings, rules and thoughts from a few of the competing chefs. Follow the tournament on our Facebook page and our blog at www.vindy.com/weblogs/burgers.
Put another dime in the jukebox, baby! Check out our rock n roll burger review at Mojo’s Pub N Grill, HERE!
After nine years of trekking through and around the Mahoning valley in a quest to find the best burgers, we have come to the conclusion: Man, there’s a lot of great burgers around here!
The last time we published our overall MV rankings was in 2014. A lot of places have come and gone since then, and many of the places that we have visited have stepped up their burger game, so, we decided to do it again.
Four years ago, Chef Mel McKee, from Bogey’s Bar & Grill, in Lowellville, put together an awesome burger menu with so many delicious, unique toppings that we unanimously voted them in at #1. Can they hold on to the top ranking or has one of the 47 restaurants we’ve reviewed since then, unseated them? Click on the “Top 40” image at the bottom of the page to see the current top 40 burgers of the valley.
Here’s a little insight as to how we rank them;
- Our visit. The biggest factor is based on our initial visit. We have a scorecard for each burger we try. We scrutinize the beef, the bun, the toppings, sauces, and sides. Then we take into account, cleanliness, the service, and the atmosphere.
- Competitions. Entering competitions and losing will not cause a drop in the rankings, but we do factor in any awards that are won.
- Media recognition. Any awards from newspapers, magazines, or websites, such as, Best of the Best and Peoples Choice, also count.
- Revisit. We listen to all of the comments and opinions on our social media posts, good, bad, and ugly, which sometimes leads to a revisit.